Stef's Reviews > Storybound

Storybound by Marissa Burt

May 04, 2012

bookshelves: childrens, fantasy, fiction, magic, mistaken-identities, adventure

First of all....Dammit! The sequel to this book doesn't even come out until next April. That said, I thought the idea for this story was very interesting. A girl pulled into a world where storybook characters practice to become the characters that we, in the world of Readers, read about everyday. The beginning is alittle slow and I wish there was more to Una's backstory that is available in the beginning other than "Oh she's an orphan and has had terrible foster homes and hides in the library basement during lunch." Once she enters Story then the writing actually picks up and the tale becomes very engaging. This is definitely in the realm of Inkheart, although I would be leaning towards Inkheart as the more superior tale, however I do appreciate the ingenuity in this story. I think that it is the type of book that can be appealing to all levels of readers, and might be a good recommendation for children who have a hard time engaging in stories or who dislike reading. I am eagerly awaiting Story's End and will certainly recommend this book for this summer's reading programs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storybound.

May 4, 2012 – Shelved