Kat's Reviews > The World's Creepiest Places

The World's Creepiest Places by Bob Curran

May 04, 2012

it was ok
Read from May 14 to June 08, 2012

The book contains 25 scary destinations in 25 chapters. Out of those 25, only 5 take place in the USA. Now, I get it the book is titled “WORLD’s” Creepiest Places. But I assumed there would be more taking place in the USA. Why is this a big deal to me? Well, in my experience, when a scary story takes place in another country it usually takes place anywhere between the 1500’s - 1900 and includes in depth history lessons with tons of names of people and places I just cannot retain.

Out of the 25 stories I only enjoyed a handful. By the time I got to the end of the book I skimmed over a couple of the chapters because I just had lost all interest.

While the writing and stories are good, they just did not interest me, and for that alone I’m giving it the rating I’m giving it.

For a more in depth review please check out my horror movie/book review blog @ Shivers of Horror

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World's Creepiest Places.

05/15/2012
05/17/2012
12.0% "slow read so far"
05/20/2012
22.0% "So far some of these stories have been interesting, but I'm a little sick of the history lesson behind each story."
05/29/2012
43.0% "I'm honestly pretty bored with this book. I'm hoping I get into it a little more. I don't want to not finish it"
06/03/2012
56.0% "Wish this was going faster. Not bad writing at all, just boring for me :("
show 4 hidden updates…