Jill Cooper's Reviews > First Bitten

First Bitten by Samantha Towle

May 04, 2012

I really enjoyed this book. It wasn't just the plot, characters and setting that drew me in, but I really fell in love with the emotional descriptions.

They were so well written, I could feel what the character was feeling. As a writer I struggle with those sort of descriptions, but these ones read and felt so effortless. I loved the narrative voice and it took off right away that the character and author must be British. And it read wonderfully and gave the characters alot of character. I could hear the accents in my head and it made for a fun read.

It opens with the main character, Alex, obviously in pain over her cheating boyfriend and you can immediately feel for her. She's with her best friend and the normal banter you would expect follows. What you don't expect is what happens right there after. Things take twists and turns and before you know it, Alex's life is destroyed and she finds herself in the middle of a war.

An electrifying read with well throught characters. Some situations touched me and others scared me. This book will leave you thinking, maybe with the lights on late at night.

If you like your fiction with vampires, werewolves, romance, then this is one for you.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Bitten.

May 4, 2012 – Started Reading