Rhianna's Reviews > Desert Blade

Desert Blade by Ella Drake

2000093
May 04, 2012

Read from May 04 to 15, 2012

Deliciously good post-apocalyptic romance!

There's just something about post-apocalyptic romances that I can't resist. I wish it was a bigger genre but fortunately there are some great authors out there making each one I find a gem.

Ella Drake's DESERT BLADE could have easily been fleshed out into a much longer story and yet managed to be satisfying at novella length. The blurb covers the basics of the plot well. Both Derek and Lidia are genuinely good people who deserve the happily-ever-after but it'll be a tough road back to one another. Somehow Drake managed to create a believable and a little too-possible-not-to-be-scary world in a few short mentions. Her imaginative world building has impressed me in previous stories and knocks it out of the park again.

If you love a romance that faces real danger, physical peril, and a hero and heroine who earn their happy ending through it all I think DESERT BLADE is a great short story to satisfy your craving. Drake is going onto my authors-to-watch list, I can't wait to see what great new realms of fiction she'll drop me into next!

** ARC received via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Desert Blade.