Yolanda Sfetsos's Reviews > Warding

Warding by Kev Harrison

bookshelves: kindle, horror

As soon as I read the blurb for this story, I knew it was something I wanted to read. I was not wrong because I enjoyed the hell out of it.

When Kate moves into her new house with her dog, Tigger, she's eager to turn it into a comfortable home. But after Tigger starts digging at a wall in the cellar and finds a horrible surprise, her life is turned upside down...

Wow. What an awesome novelette!

As soon as I started reading, I was hooked and couldn't stop. The writing is smooth and sets the mood as perfectly as the mounting tension. Kate is an awesome character who might be terrified by what she finds, but responds in a logical way. The two supporting characters were great. And Tigger is such a cutie.

Oh, and what lurks in the cellar is both terrifying and cool. Terrifying because I felt so bad for Kate and what she was going through. Cool because I love creepy house stories, witchcraft history and demonology. There were two very familiar demonic names mentioned that I've researched and used myself in my own stories, so I always get a kick out of that.

Loved it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warding.

March 17, 2020 – Shelved