Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Dark Descendant

Dark Descendant by Jenna Black

bookshelves: favorites, owned-e-books

Dark Descendant is amazing!

This book isn't about vampires, faeries, werewolves, or demons; it's about the children of gods. Yes, Norse, Greek, Egyptian: so many different pantheons are represented and It was really exciting to read about. Like a grown up story along the lines of the Percy Jackson books by Rick Riordan

Nikki Glass is a private investigator, and while working a case, she discovers that she's a descendant of the goddess Artemis, her introduction to the 'good' descendants of the old gods, and the bad Olympian descendant purists doesn't make her a fan of either faction.

Its fast paced and definitely on the edge of your seat ride. I really enjoyed this start of a great series.

This novel is well written with a fabulous world and some amazing characters to make it all complete. It definitely took my full attention from the beginning and held it through the whole book which i finished in one day, as i could not put it down.

I like how the main character, Nikki, is SMART, not made to be dumb, and unlikable. She is a true heroine.
Dark Descendant is an excitingly gritty mix of mythos and urban fantasy. I highly recommend it.

Check out my review for the 2nd book, called Deadly Descendant It was also amazing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Descendant.

Quotes Michelle's Liked

Jenna Black
“Anderson sent me to give you this he said. I believe the subtext was kiss and makeup. This time I was sure I made a face. "I rather kiss a copperhead." I grabbed the envelop from his hand.

He laughed and held up his hands in surrender. Don't worry. It was only a figure of speech.”
Jenna Black, Dark Descendant

Jenna Black
“There is no lock strong enough nor wall thick enough to keep Death out," he murmured, his lips close to my ear so that I could feel the puff of his breath against my skin. The ends of a couple of his braids had found their way under the collar of my flannel night-shirt and tickled the base of my neck.
"Are you speaking literally or metaphorically?”
Jenna Black, Dark Descendant