Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Dust & Lightning

Dust & Lightning by Rebecca Crunden

19253213

bookshelves: science-fiction, speculative-fiction, suspense, review-requests

Dust & Lightning by Rebecca Crunden is a smashing sci-fi novella that combines elements of suspense, mystery, adventure and action, making it a complete package deal for all sci-fi lovers. This is my 6th book by the author and by now I have become so familiar with author Rebecca's writing that it feels like visiting an old friend to read her books. I don't usually go for the same authors unless I like their work which only goes on to say that Rebecca's stories are always worth it. This one is a novella and very different from the other books I read by her as they were a part of the same series. Though, I hope that this one is the first in a long line of series!

Coming back to the review, I found the futuristic world in this novella very immersive and quite realistic. If I had to think about the future with space travel, this is how I would envision it - ultra-modern and highly advanced technologies in every way imaginable but equally low standards of humanity, therefore, this book felt very engaging!

The characters were well-built and very relatable, especially the main character, Ames. He was likely in a very unlikely way and I loved following him on his tumultuous journey. The writing was good and had a smooth and natural flow. The pacing was good and suited the story well. I liked the ending though I hope it is a series and we get to see more of this amazing world.

I'd highly recommend this book to all sci-fi and speculative fiction lovers and to those who haven't yet read any books by the author (it's worth a read!)

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dust & Lightning.

March 12, 2020 – Started Reading