Lisa's Reviews > The Circle Maker: Praying Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears

The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson

May 03, 2012

Read in April, 2012

This book was eye-opening for me, and I've put a lot of it into practice.

There were a lot of "coincidences" around my reading of the book that made it quite clear that Someone was trying to get my attention!

Yes, I've read the reviews that mention Batterson's theology. I read the book carefully, and discussed it with my husband. He skates close to the line a few times, but I think he's on the correct side. Like anything else, you need to check it against Scripture and against what you know of God to see if it's worthwhile for you.

The bottom line for me was that it re-emphasized God's desire to give His children good gifts (granted, not necessarily the ones we had in mind). Also, it brought up the point that if you see God as BIG -- if you try to let Him out of the box where you've inevitably tried to cram him -- your prayer life will be very different. That will lead to your actual life being very different. And I hope that's where I'm headed, as I start a new business that's outside my comfort zone but where I feel I'm being led.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Circle Maker.

06/01/2016 marked as: read