Kami's Korner's Reviews > The Fourth Whore

The Fourth Whore by EV Knight

bookshelves: night-worms-reviews

This party has ended and I am sad. A huge Thank you to Erin and Raw Dog Screaming Press for a FREE copy of The Fourth Whore by EV Knight in exchange for my honest review with my Night Worms Review Team!
Raw Dog Screaming Press knows how to pick 'em! Hard Hitting Woman in Indie Horror that rarely disappoint! EV Knight is one to reckon with. From what I hear this is her debut novel and Holy Horrors this is one to remember or not soon forget?!
I don't consider myself conservative until I get into a room with real life adults and I am reminded of how naive I can sometimes be. So I will say this book is not for the faint of heart, BUT if I can read it so can YOU and You SO SHOULD!!
This book was wicked twisted and full of amazing vivid imagery. I have heard it reads much like a dark fantasy, and although that isn't my forte, if THIS is what those are, sign me the hell up!!
I wasn't sure I was going to make past the prologue. But I did. I may have had a WTF did I just agree to read look on my face, but I kept reading. And then I that look quickly turned into, WTF is wrong with me; Have my reading tastes changed?

And they HAVE!! I feel books like this let me know that my journey into horror has been fruitful. I have become brave. Ten years ago if Kenzi Brooks wanted to tell me her story I would have said, "Begone you dirty little whore! I have no use for your tale." But I would have missed out on the beauty that is layered in centuries of religion, wrath, mythology, warfare, angst, betrayal, Gods and Demons, and the Brave Beautiful Woman that is the Fourth Whore.

This story is deep and poetic. It's powerful. It's moving. This is a story every one should read not just scorned women! EV Knight found the core of her central energy and turned it into a radiating light straight from the depths of Hell. The layers of this story read like a female Dante. She is a force to follow and this is a book you need multiple copies of because you'll want to share it with others.
Don't go in thinking its an easy, lighthearted read. This book deserves your undivided attention. Devour all its pieces.
Leave no scrapes behind.

This book is perfection on EVERY DARK LEVEL right down to its spirited ending! Although this story executes all its intended targets I certainly wouldn't mind this author surprising us in the future with a prequel, or a side story about the amazing characters created within; Especially Sariel and Enochs journey through eternity together. What a Wicked Treat!! I am blown away!

This woman is on fire and I will rage about this book for awhile!! BUY IT NOW.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fourth Whore.

March 15, 2020 – Started Reading
March 15, 2020 – Shelved
March 23, 2020 – Shelved as: night-worms-reviews
March 23, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jennifer Amazing review. Thanks so much!

Well Read Beard Nice review Kami. So glad you liked it. I think it is completely OK that I feel validated by your review.