Mara's Reviews > Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade

bookshelves: ebook-owned, arc

I'm somewhere between a 4 and a 4.5 star on this... and hell, this was so much fun, let's just go with 4.5. I absolutely loved so much of what this book is about -- external conflict rooted in internet & fan culture; smart characters with nuanced portrayals; a slow burn that gets sufficiently steamy; meta textual interstitials that added a lot to the "fun" elements of the story; explicit consent; body positivity & rep for learning special needs... on and on. There really is a lot to like here.
I do think that some of the motivations seemed a little tortured at times, and that would occasionally take me out of the flow of the book. Getting into details on that score would be spoilery, so I will leave it there, but I do think some of the way the plot unfolds didn't flow as smoothly as I'd like. Other than that, though, this was such a fun book that I think will hit the spot for a lot of readers of contemporary romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spoiler Alert.

March 15, 2020 – Shelved
July 5, 2020 – Started Reading
July 6, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Lizabeth Tucker After watching your and Bethany's glowing reviews on YT, I HAD to get this from my library. I timed it perfectly and got my hands on the newly purchased digital version. Looking forward to this as I'm both in fandom (although not GoT) and a fanfic writer.

Christal Hillner Grabbed this up based on yours and Bethany’s recommends. You guys could not have been more right. This was so much smutty fun and the absolute best rep I have seen in forever.