Dayna's Reviews > Torment

Torment by Tracy Lorraine

I normally love a bad guy but I really struggled with Deacon. He really was an arsehole and hard to love. He definitely lived up to his description in the blurb. I hated the way he treated Mia but he totally sucked her in which is typical with guys like him! You could see he was struggling with his feelings for her, though, versus him keeping up his alpha arsehole persona so I enjoyed seeing his walls break down bit by bit. Because of this, it really shocked me that he went through with his revenge plan. I was so angry at him and couldn’t understand why he’d still go to such lengths to hurt Mia in the process, especially as he’d developed feelings for her. To me, Mia was far too forgiving, wanting to move the relationship so soon after the revenge attack to the next level. Personally, I’m not sure I could have forgiven him after what he did to her. There’s so many other ways he could have gotten back at his father. This has no reflection on how I feel about the authors and the way the story was written, I might add. I thought it was fantastic, the characters just shocked me! Angel and Tracy really pulled me into the story and I got swept along with it. Loved the ending (I’d been suspicious of this character since they were first introduced) and I can’t wait to read the sequel! Angel Devlin and Tracy Lorraine are fast becoming two of my favourite authors. I’ve loved all their work that I have read so far and will definitely be reading more from them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torment.

March 15, 2020 – Started Reading