Adriana's Reviews > Master of the Abyss

Master of the Abyss by Cherise Sinclair

May 02, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: contemporary, bdsm, e-book, erotica, humor, reviewed, romance, suspense, i-recommend-it, barnes-noble, m-f
Read from May 02 to 03, 2012 — I own a copy

Master of the Abyss by Cherise Sinclair

This was a good second book to the Masters of the Mountain series. I was looking forward to Jake’s story and I was not disappointed.

Jake comes with baggage in the form of an old girlfriend who committed suicide. He has a ‘one-nights’rule. Jake wasn’t looking to get involved with another woman long term.

Kallie has had her eye on Jake for a long time but didn’t think he noticed her. She doesn’t believe she’s his type, too little up top and to much down below and she’s to ‘mucho’ for him. No girly girl cloths for her and she’s treated as one of the guys at home. She has her own insecurities to overcome.

This was a well written and engaging story which is what I’ve come to expect from Ms. Sinclair. I think Kallies’s cousins would make great books in this series and I’m looking forwards to reading them.

Now on to my favorite lines…

"Hey, I see people manacled to log walls all the time. You bet. It’s a popular sport in Bear Flat. Gonna replace fishing soon."

“I’m sorry to tell you this, sprite, but you are definitely little.”

“If the goddess—and that would be me, by the way—is displeased, you’ll get bats in your hair and mice in your boots.”

“Some men looked interesting until they opened their mouths.”

“So, so sorry. Really sorry. Master. Sir. Emperor of the world. God of the universe.”

“You know I still don’t like your…hobby.”
“Didn’t ask your opinion.” Jake rubbed his aching ribs. “If you want mine: anyone using the missionary position twice in a row should serve time.”

“Bound, whether by my will or my rope, open to me in all ways.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master of the Abyss.

Quotes Adriana Liked

Cherise Sinclair
“Bound, whether by my will or my rope, open to me in all ways.”

Cherise Sinclair
“I’m sorry to tell you this, sprite, but you are definitely little.”

Cherise Sinclair
“Hey, I see people manacled to log walls all the time. You bet. It’s a popular sport in Bear Flat. Gonna replace fishing soon.”

Cherise Sinclair
“You know I still don’t like your…hobby.”