Anne Robinson's Reviews > Old Man's War

Old Man's War by John Scalzi

34719980

bookshelves: 2020, after-retirement, favourites, science-fiction

I really enjoyed this book! Maybe because I am getting old and very ill, the idea of living as a refreshed, fit and gorgeous younger version really appealed to me. I could definitely do with a new, fitter body. Mind you, the downside of having to use it to fight aliens does not appeal.

It’s hard to do this book justice with a review, because it would be a shame to give too much away. The first half of the book definitely deserves the full five points; the second half slightly fewer, perhaps. But the whole thing has now joined my list of favourites, mainly for the humour. In these difficult times for the whole of humanity, humour will help us to cope.

I gather from reading other reviews on here that there are other matters to discuss about the book - if you are au fait with the wider genre of Science Fiction then, perhaps, you know all about this. I don’t as I am a simple fan of SF but not very knowledgeable. All I can say is that I have immediately found the sequel on our Library’s ebook catalogue and will soon be reading it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Old Man's War.

March 12, 2020 – Started Reading