Tari's Reviews > Revenge Is Sweet

Revenge Is Sweet by Kaye George

bookshelves: preordered, netgalley, 2020-ebooks

This was a really fun setting and idea for a main character's job, making vintage candies and sweets from scratch. I did get a little bit confused with the switching back and forth of third person narrating about Tally then Yolanda. (I have no problem with third person though). Sometimes I'd get the information mixed up and wonder why one person didn't already know this, but I think the idea was for their actions to be very close or nearly simultaneous results. It was better as I got into the book more and switching between the two girls came more naturally.

I had an idea of who the killer was, then I changed my mind due to some clever red herrings along the way. I had it all built in my mind as to why the person I thought was the killer did it and everything, but I was wrong. It's fun to be wrong though. The showdown achieved its purpose of making me nervous for Tally, but the killer was caught and all was well. I enjoyed reading a little bit of the next book's first chapter at the end. The recipe given was for Tally's version of Twinkies. I'm anxious for the next book that's being released in June, and I'm glad we don't have to wait a year.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge Is Sweet.

March 11, 2020 – Started Reading