Stephanie Jobe's Reviews > Lioness Rampant

Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce

May 02, 2012

Read in May, 2010

I have always loved these books, honestly probably more than anything else I’ve ever read. Sure other books make me think, but there are few if any other books that I can read over and over in one sitting and still cry at the end every time. For years I wanted to end up an old maid. I dressed more like a boy. I’m twenty two and I feel like I’m still just figuring out how to accept being a woman and like pretty things. Now my question is where is George? This is definitely the most epic book in the series with quests for fabled objects of power, arch enemies returning from the dead, beautiful queens, legendary heroes, crowning of a king and of course a little happily ever after to go around.

Previous review:

The final book, I think this one has the richest description, the best characters. It is a perfect culmination of all of the wondrous things in the previous books. Enemies of all types reappear, loved ones are lost. The circle of “boys” that you so loved from the beginning are now a woman, men and a king. The danger is taken to the next level. One thing I find so amazing about these books is that the reader grows with Alanna. No matter what your age, you grow a little every time. And then of course this amazing world draws you into the next series where you see some old friends in a new light and meet all sorts of new friends.

(This is the fourth book of The Song of the Lioness quartet, a Tortall series.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lioness Rampant.