Tjitske Wind's Reviews > Blood Rights

Blood Rights by Kristen Painter

May 02, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: adventure, romance, thriller, vampires, urban, fantasy, shifter, fae, ghost

** spoiler alert ** I think this book started slow. So in the beginning I thought it was boring.

Malcolm is a very sexy vampire that kinda reminds me of Angel from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Because he used to be a real bad ass but is now trying to be good and isn't trying to drink blood from the vein. But! He's not exactly like Angel. Because he's got a curse on him that drives him insane. Chrysabelle is comarre a human that's been breeded to feed vampire nobility. When her patron gets murdered she gets accused of the murder. Chrysabelle kinda reminds me of Buffy The Vampire Slayer because at first you think she's cute and innocent but as you get to know her she's a really cool woman who can defend herself. And because of the relationship between her and Malcolm.

And I liked the relationship between Fi and Doc. Doc is a cursed shifter and Fi is a ghost that's attached to Malcolm. I really liked Doc because he can turn into a cat and sometimes turns into a cat for Fi.

I really liked the steamy and exciting parts in the book.

I also really liked Tatiana an evil nobel vampiress because she's so evil. At first you think she's your typical evil woman. But! Later at the end there's a surprise.

And I like Marissa Chrysabelle's auntie who used to be a comarre. And Dominnic who used to be her lover who's a vampire.

I especially liked the end because of the unexpected twist in the story. I thought it would be a typical ending but there was such an unexpected twist at the end that it made me wanna read more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Rights.