Melissa McHugh's Reviews > Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal

Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal by Grace Burrowes

May 02, 2012

bookshelves: owned

It's a wonderfully written book, as is the entire series, but I feel as though Burrowes draws out Maggie's secret just as touch too long for me. And the hero is just too good to be believable. He needed a bit more edge. Other than that, absolutely lovely. I'm looking forward to more.

Reread: 5 Feb 2014
So nearly two years after I first read this, I'm on a bit of Grace Burrowes marathon, after somehow missing NINE of her Lonely Lords and all of her MacGregor series. I must have been asleep.

This reads better the second time around, though I still wonder at how long Maggie's secret needed to be drawn out, and how she could have, given the way the Duke and Duchess of Moreland have always been portrayed, believed he would have fathered another child after his marriage.

That being said, I really did like the hero better the second time around, but it may be colored by how often Benjamin shows up in other books, if maybe he's just grown on me. One of the weaknesses of the Windham stories overall is that I feel like though the Windhams are supposed to be quite close, until the daughters had their own books, I'm not even sure I knew their names. The sons are much closer and interact much more with one another, while they seem to ignore the girls altogether in their own books, which is why the closeness Maggie has with her brothers seems a touch off to me, but that's, again, colored by my reading of the series as a whole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal.

May 2, 2012 – Shelved