Energy's Reviews > The Explorer

The Explorer by Phoebe Alexander

54301934

Abigail is headed to college, where she hopes to get over heartbreak and find herself. What she finds there is so much more. We met Abby in the first 3 books of the series, so I had been really excited for her book, and Phoebe did not disappoint.

College can be a confusing and stressful time for students. Abby is trying to figure out how to label her sexuality, and what exactly that means for her. This story is also told from another student’s perspective, Gavin. He’s drawn to Abby immediately, but he backs off when he learns she’s a lesbian. But that doesn’t stop them from drawing close as friends.

There were a lot of real-world situations in The Explorer, issues facing teens and adults, and I appreciated that Alexander included some of Abigail’s mother’s struggles. I like Abby’s personality and her willingness to try new things. I loved her core group of friends; they seem like the perfect core group. This was a fun read that has a little to love for everyone. I would love to check in on her down the road and see how she’s doing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Explorer.

March 10, 2020 – Started Reading