Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Dilemma

The Dilemma by B.A. Paris

Out June 30th!

First off, let me just say that this book was totally not what I was expecting. I have read everything that B.A. Paris has written and the gal can write a thriller! So when I had an opportunity to read her latest book, I was expecting something in the same vein. The Dilemma deviates from her usual style, written as more of a domestic drama than a thriller.

This story is about the secrets that husbands and wives keep from each other, the dynamic of their marriage, the relationship they have with their children and friends and family, and how they all intertwine.

Typically anything B.A. Paris writes is a page turner for me. And this book was no exception. However, I was waiting for some sort of twist or surprise as the story evolved, and there wasn't really that moment. To be honest, the ending was a tad underwhelming if you go into the book expecting her typical thriller-like writing. But, if you go into the book expecting a domestic drama, it's excellent.

I would recommend giving it a try as long as you have the right expectations up front.

-I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, B.A. Paris, and St. Martin's Press for the opportunity to review.-

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dilemma.

March 11, 2020 – Started Reading