Allie Z.'s Reviews > No Promises in the Wind

No Promises in the Wind by Irene Hunt

F 50x66
May 02, 2012

For this book I gave it 5 stars because, it was very interesting and full of suspense. I love how the author made us feel like we were with Josh and Joey as they made their way through the country. I felt like I was actually feeling the pain of losing a best friend, the happiness of meeting a kind stranger, and feeling the overwhelming love when i got to see my family again. The author did a good job of showing how hard the times where in America during the Dirty 30s. It wasn’t just the history behind it that caught my attention, but how realistic it all felt, I mean even though it was realistic fiction, yes there were a couple parts that I was like that could never happen. But no matter what she always tied it together with a fact and made it seem totally real. The one other thing that I really liked about this book was the characters. Josh and Joey had a spot in my heart for sympathy and love when ever they hit a ruff patch or just down on their luck. They just seemed like the perfect characters for the story, because of how they never gave up even when they were at their breaking point that just kept on going. If I had to recommend this book to anyone it would be a big yes, because it doesn’t just show the hard times through these boys but you also learn about them!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Promises in the Wind.