Donadee's Corner's Reviews > Chasing Ginger

Chasing Ginger by Marie Lavender

Recommended to Donadee's Corner by: Author
Recommended for: Everyone in this genre

Marie Lavender – Chasing Ginger – Reviewed 1/16/20 – Read 1/15/20
Does a dress Size make a person? I don’t think so, but let’s hear from Ginger’s Point of view!!

Ginger Holloway grew up being told that she was overweight and should do anything possible to lose it. She tried everything and it just would not go away. Men seem to shy away from her and finally, accepting the fact that she was going to be a size 22 forever, gave her some peace. While in college some of her friends named their group as “The Misfits” and it sure seemed appropriate. One day Ginger ran across an ad for a trail to take a miracle pill that would give her the opportunity for the type of relationship that she had only dreamed about. Taking the leap, and signing a nondisclosure statement. Meaning she could not tell anyone that she was taking the pill till after the trial was over. She set up a dating app and posted a profile, that night she had numerous offers for dates. Arranging to meet a few of them after work. She showed up and it turned into a madhouse. Leaving the establishment and running for home, she was chased by some angry men. As she was at the point of exhaustion and the men were not letting, she was pulled into a short stairway and shielded. The voice was so soothing and made her relax even though she was scared. After the angry men passed she turned to take in her savior. Wow, he was sure a looker!!! His offer to take her on to where she was going was accepted, but she was flabbergasted when he ordered his car to pull up in the garage so that they did not have to traverse the front walkway. After visiting her doctor to check out the pills from InstaSin she allowed him to take her home.

When she was out with the Misfits a few nights later she ran into the mysterious savior again. After her girlfriends decided that he would be perfect for her, they invited him to be her partner in the upcoming dance contest. A charity benefit supporting domestic violence survivors. Lance Franklin agreed to be her partner, and Ginger could not believe that he would have anything to do with her, given her size and how good looking he was. On top of that, he was a billionaire. How could a man like that be interested in someone like her????

What did I like? This storyline hit a mark with me. After I quit smoking (many years ago) I gained a ton of weight, and it has been a struggle ever since. I have recently lost (in a healthy way) quite a bit. At this point, I am almost back to my normal weight and size. Having gone through years of that myself, I can relate to how Ginger felt.

What will you like? Emotional struggle, romantic, funny, and enduring. The storyline is fantastic, addressing an age-old problem that many women have struggled through and shows that it can be different. Many of the issues that women have with weight are addressed and done in a forthright manner. It is a shame that the world, in general, is not taught from a young age, that weight should not be a factor. The heart is the most beautiful thing in a person and we should all judge from that and not the dress size. I loved the way the author addressed all those problems and showed the effects that they have on a person. Awesome read!!!

• File Size: 2863 KB
• Publication Date: 3/10/20
• Genre: Billionaire Romance, Romantic Comedy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Ginger.

January 15, 2020 – Started Reading