Stephanie's Reviews > I Have No Secrets

I Have No Secrets by Penny Joelson

liked it
bookshelves: 2019, mystery-thriller, ya-fiction, young-adult

Imagine what it would feel like locked into your body not being able to move under your own control or communicate. For people with severe Cerebral Palsy, this might be their daily reality and for our main character, this is what Jemma experiences each day. Sarah is her home health aide and with Sarah, Jemma feels safe and cares for and Sarah treats as a smart but differently baked teenager. When Sarah goes missing, Jemma feels like she knows what happened—if only she had a way to communicate it.

This is a quick read, even for those who are more reluctant as the chapters are short. The first part of the story helps connect you to care about Jemma and Sarah and when Sarah goes missing, the plot quickens propelling you to finish the story to find out if Jemma has solved it correctly. Though some moments had me questioning the plausibility and had me reluctant to suspend disbelief, I did ultimately enjoy reading this book.

Fans of Agatha Christie will appreciate the few references to her work and those seeking a mystery thriller featuring a main character with a disability will find this a good fit.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Have No Secrets.

Started Reading