Sarah's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

bookshelves: 2020-reads, classic, classics-with-kelsey, audiobook, best-of-the-best, 1800s, england, very-mild-romance
Read 2 times. Last read March 9, 2020 to March 11, 2020.

The last few years, I've spent time on other Jane Austen books. In rereading this book, I'm reminded why this is her best love novel.

While I would rather have a hero like Mr. Knighly than Mr. Darcy, and I feel that Mansfield Park is perhaps her deepest, most well thought out work, this novel sparkles beyond her others.

The wit of the characters and quotable lines are unparalleled.

The story unfolds wonderfully, It made me laugh, it made me want to cry and I loved it, even more, this time around.

The negative part of this book? I have a bad book hangover. I started rereading it because all the other books I'm reading just cannot compare.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Jane Austen
“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Jane Austen
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
March 21, 2012 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
March 9, 2020 – Started Reading