Donna's Reviews > Hounded

Hounded by Kevin Hearne

May 01, 2012

bookshelves: read-in-2012, scifi-fantasy-ebook-club, audio-books, fantasy, urban-fantasy-paranormal
Read from May 01 to 03, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It felt very reminiscent of The Dresden Files and while Atticus O'Sullivan is not nearly as complex as Harry Dresden, he is also not as angst-ridden. I just thought this was a very fun book and I loved the character of Oberon. While I am a huge Dresden fan, I think maybe that's what he's missing--a funny sidekick.

One thing that bothered me was that Atticus's apparent age is 21. I just don't think that's a believable age for someone who owns their own business and clearly acts like a grown man. It seems like it would be hard to live for long in an area when you look 21 year after year. Much easier to pull off if you look to be in your 30's.

I am totally hooked on this series now and am looking forward to the next one. I listened to this as an audiobook. The narrator did a great job with the voices and in particular with Oberon's--just the right touch of Scooby Doo in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hounded.