Katie's Reviews > Unwind

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

May 01, 2012

Recommended for: Pre-teens, teens
Read from May 04 to 06, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This book was a great piece of literature. It was set in the future and took place in America. It was disturbing in a sense when you really thought of the unwinding and when Roland gets unwound. It disturbed me greatly. If I were there I would be greatly frightened while being unwound since I would still be conscious during the whole thing. Selected by your parents to be unwound was terrible. Instead of having an abortion, the parents would keep the child until the age of 13 and between the ages 13 and 18 they could chose to have their child unwind. But for some reason they thought that the child would still be alive, not dead, and that somehow justified what they were doing? How could you live with a child for all those years and not love them and want them gone one day? It was terrible.
But the book as a whole was wonderful. The ending was good also and that was a big plus for me. It will definately keep you engaged and wondering what will happen next. The events are definately not predictable. Good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwind.