Kristy's Reviews > The Shoemaker's Wife

The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani

May 01, 2012

I don't even know where to begin... I loved this book so intensely, so deeply, that I don't want to start another, because I don't want the memory of these characters to leave me. Starring two Italians in the late 19th century, this novel follows their stories until they become forever entwined after immigration to America in 1912. This is such a timeless love story that I will forever cherish. It changed the way I view the power of family and opened my eyes to the blessing of living in this country of opportunity.
I cried throughout the entire story... Tears of sadness, joy, and even tears of appreciation for the sheer beauty through which this epic story was written. I recommend The Shoemakers Wife at the highest level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shoemaker's Wife.

May 1, 2012 – Shelved
May 4, 2012 – Started Reading
May 6, 2012 –
page 117
24.63% "Absolutely magnificent so far! The descriptive quality of the writing really illustrates village life in the mountains of Italy, and the characters are so lovable. Can't wait to see what the rest of the book brings"
May 10, 2012 –