Jeremy Pack's Reviews > Mind Magic

Mind Magic by Poppy Dennison

May 01, 2012

Mind Magic was a surprisingly rich story that hit all the right notes for me. The characters were wonderfully developed. They leapt from the page early on, and established themselves as distinct and unforgettable throughout the journey.

Poppy has done a marvelous job of foundation building here, setting up a triumvirate of supernatural societies that are distinct from one another and ripe with dramatic possibility because of their differences. (view spoiler) Wonderful!

Perhaps the thing I loved the most was the thread of family that dips and weaves through the text. It is rare to see a story that puts familial felicity on such bold display. It is a theme I know well in my real life, and it touched something at my core. The family interactions were so authentic and familiar, I couldn't help but be enchanted... and grateful. Rare is the story that dares to portray this aspect of same-sex couplings--a cornerstone of my own life--and I loved the heart and sincerity Poppy gave to it.

Mind Magic was an excellent, fast-paced read. I can't wait to see what's in store for Simon, Gray, Garon, Aunt Maggie, and Cormac--characters who have become newfound friends--in books yet to come.

Poppy Dennison has stolen my heart and a spot on my MUST READ author's list. Fanboy squeal!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mind Magic.

May 1, 2012 – Started Reading
May 1, 2012 – Shelved
May 1, 2012 –
page 80
40.0% "It is rare that a book draws me in so quickly and completely. I can already tell I will love this book cover to cover. From the first page, the characters leap off the page. I can't wait to get back to it!"
May 6, 2012 – Finished Reading