Melissa's Reviews > Still Taking Chances

F 50x66
May 01, 2012

Still Taking Chances

By Roz Lee

I liked the premise of this story when I read it, so I got it, and oh, am I glad I did. It was a wonderful story of trust, love, and surrender. Very nicely done, this story pulled me in from the first sentence and I couldn’t put it down.

Elgin ‘Hud’ Huddington was back in town after fifteen years. His grandmother was dead, and he missed her terribly. He shouldn’t have gone on his last mission, as DEA agent he needed his head in the game at all times and he was distracted after getting the news of his beloved grandmother’s death.

He was back to heal, that last mission had gone so wrong and he had lost two agents. As tight as his nerves were, he knew he should have stopped at one of the clubs in Dallas before coming to Parietown, the small town he grew up in.

Mary Beth Winters had left the life behind when she had moved out here, but she knew a man in pain when she saw him, and she knew she could help him. Could she help him and protect her heart while she helped though? That was her biggest question, she had fallen for her last sub and gotten burned badly, that was why she had locked up her box and swore to never open it again. But Elgin needed her help, would he come to her though?

This story takes us though the surrender of a strong man to this woman of iron as she gently, but ruthlessly, leads him long a path that opens the festering wounds in his soul and allows him to heal. To heal and to leave for the Agency that stole him for fifteen years before. Would he come back to her? Did he feel the love for her that had grown during their sessions in the spring?

A five star read of bdsm and healing. Loved every word written and couldn’t wait to get to the next page.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Taking Chances.