JeanBookNerd's Reviews > Taken at Dusk

5519230
Apr 30, 2012

bookshelves: reviews
Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

C.C. Hunter brings a suspenseful, edge-of-your seat drama in Taken at Dusk. C.C.’s creation of a camp filled with paranormal teenagers is truly imaginative and fascinating. Kylie is a character that readers can immediately root for. She has strong ethical values and is unyielding to what she believes in. The supporting characters are just as appealing. It was a delight to have all of these paranormal entities in one book.

The third book in the Shadow Falls Series takes off immediately where Awake at Dawn left off. Kylie is looking forward to meeting her adoptive parents because they might just have the information that will tell her exactly what she is. The meeting is cut short and Kylie is still left with no clue as to what she is. Kylie has come to terms with herself and is slowly learning her inevitable life. We also get more in-depth details of Kylie’s feelings for Lucas and Derek. The inner turmoil of the love triangle she suffers felt real and sincere. C.C.’s writing style is on point and makes the reader feel each drop of emotion poured out by Kylie.

My breath was taken away with this book. From beginning to end, it delivered action, mystery, suspense, romance, and even some light moments. Kylie is heroine that we can all cheer for and back up 100%. C.C.’s writing is amazingly beautiful and the way she presents the characters and their world on paper is remarkably unmatched. She is a master of descriptions which made the book more exciting and enjoyable to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken at Dusk.