Becky Rendon's Reviews > The Two-Date Rule

The Two-Date Rule by Tawna Fenske

These two impressed me with their determination and avoidance, and that's a good thing. Lol. Both are afraid of life but for different reasons. Both will deny it. Both are exactly what the other needs....also heavily denied.

The Two-Date Rule is fun, funny, and heartwarming. Neuroses aside, Willa is a complicated woman. Work is first and all. Meeting Smokey wasn't in her plans. (Though that was one helluva meet cute!) With a first date that tops all other first dates, it should have been clear from the beginning that Willa was way in over her head! Thankfully she is too stubborn to realize it before it becomes permanent.

Grady, or Smokey... (I'll leave that part as a surprise), has what has got to be one of the most underrated sexy jobs. A smokejumper isn't just a fireman; they are firemen on steroids that jump out of planes. So, definitely underrated in the sexy department, also extremely dangerous. Uniform chasers will definitely be trailing behind but as we learn, not for long. Its a difficult job and schedule. Leading him to believ Willa's rule is the perfect solution to a smokejumpers time constraints. Too bad he didn't get the memo; the rule is set in stone.

These two tread the waters of their non dating with the determination of an Olympic synchronized swim team. I enjoyed every minute I got to watch their resolve go down in flames. 😗

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two-Date Rule.

March 5, 2020 – Started Reading