Gloria Grossi's Reviews > In Spite Of Us : A Love Story about Second Chances

In Spite Of Us  by Deb Palmer

85198959

A love story about second chances by Deb Palmer and Sandy Palmer. They are a couple who shared their relationship journey, growth and struggles in this book.

It is not just a story of redemption and a second chance. I saw it as a story of a couple who needs their relationship to survive, even if different forces were tiring them apart.

For me, Deb's little desire for a positive change in her life made it easy for God to work on her. It is indeed a beautiful story.

However, I could not bring myself to finish reading this material. The only reason is that the situation and struggles that led to these couples' redemption cause me pain.

Thankfully, I have never dealt with someone with Deb's kind of issue, but hearing her story did not just melt my heart but destroyed my willingness to complete the book.

I learned that Deb and Sandy made it; I know everything worked out for their good from what I read in other reviews.

I would recommend this book, especially to people struggling with their demons. Sometimes it feels like there's no hope.

For one second, I forgot Deb wrote this book alongside her sweetheart. I have concluded she would die in the end if she did not quit. But, you know, God's thoughts for us are of good and not of evil.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I am glad that Deb Palmer and Sandy Palmer are experiencing their future together.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In Spite Of Us .

March 3, 2020 – Shelved