Katy's Reviews > Thalo Blue

Thalo Blue by Jason McIntyre

Apr 30, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, unfinished
I own a copy

DNF at 54 percent. I am not rating it, but here is the review I started which will explain why I'm not finishing it.

Book Info: Genre: Horror
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for:
Trigger Warnings: drug use, underage drinking, attempted murder, child molestation, rape

My Thoughts: Every now and then I go through my Amazon library and use Random.org to pick a “random read” in order to read some of the books I've picked up for myself; that is what this book is, a random read.

Apparently the editing was random, too. I noticed the following typos, many of which should have been caught by spellcheck: thier; “taught fishing line” should be taut; Theif repeatedly during a single paragraph but correct elsewhere; whooly (wooly); volume nob (knob); phalically... I don't think phallic can be made into an adverb, but if it were, it would have two “l”s in phallic. This was just in the first half of the book.

I had a really difficult time finishing this one, because it wasn't engaging me and I kept falling asleep. I had a hard time following the plot and it just didn't make sense to me. I might try again someday, but... I just can't finish this one right now.

Disclosure: I picked this book up on Amazon during a free promotion. I am not aware of having had any contact with this author, and no review has been solicited, but I am happy to provide an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Synopsis: A young man on the brink of true adulthood experiences the trauma of his life when a trespasser breaks into his home. Sebastion Redfield and the psychiatrist assigned to help him recover from the break-in begin to unravel a more disturbing truth about his ordeal: that someone, or something, has been hunting him.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thalo Blue.

April 30, 2012 – Shelved
April 30, 2012 – Shelved as: ebook
April 14, 2014 –
April 14, 2014 –
April 15, 2014 –
April 15, 2014 –
51.0% "There are some typos in here that should have been caught by spellcheck, unless that section was a) skipped or b) noted as being other than English... Also inconsistent use between US format (judgment) and Canada/UK format (judgement)."
April 16, 2014 –
54.0% "I might have to DNF this one. I haven't decided quite yet."
April 16, 2014 – Shelved as: unfinished

message 1: by Lola (last edited Apr 16, 2014 05:05PM) (new)

Lola Great review! :) Hahha ''read count: .5''.

message 2: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Well, that's how much I read! :-) I found another typo: "fuge". I have no idea... I think based on context he meant "fug" but it could also be "fugue". No idea...