Amanda's Reviews > Finding Him

Finding Him by Rachel Van Dyken

bookshelves: add-to-bookshelf, want-to-re-read

This book... guys... it got real, real fast, and I LOVED every moment of it. Rachel knows how to draw you in by your heartstrings, strum them like a well tuned guitar and give you ALLL the feels.

With both Julian and Keaton having gone through such loss are looking for solace, whether forced or voluntary, and a secluded cabin in the mountains seems to hit the mark. Each one bringing so much hurt and baggage, figuratively that is, they start as enemies till they are forced to call truce and be open with each other.

Watching both struggle with the boundaries society has placed, and how they handle it, my heart aches for them. For those with true hearts, what does it matter what society thinks if you find true happiness. This gives real meaning to "You can be the juiciest peach in the basket, but someone will not like peaches."

As Julian learns to open his heart again this time to Keaton, becoming selfless with his time and his heart, it brought me to tears with how much he was willing to give to her. Then to have her learn how to be her without all the stress of what social media followers thought, just really hit home.

This book was another incredible read that I would recommend to anyone looking for a great read that'll really make you think and one you can become totally immersed in.

*You will need to have read Stealing Her first for to keep from having spoilers*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Him.

March 2, 2020 – Shelved