Javier Real's Reviews > The Monster of Florence

The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston

Incredible story and most incredible that the it is a real story. It is hard to accept, while reading how the story develops, that these are real life events.

I have never read a book based on a real story, most of the books I have read have been novels, which lots of them are inspired on real events, but this book is based or is a story of event that happened in real life.

After reading the book I did a little of research to learn more a about the case and found that there is plenty of information available to deepen your knowledge about the case, and that in fact, all of this really happened.

The structure of the book is interesting. The first part is told from Mario Spezi perspective and the second part from Douglas Preston perspective.

As you continue to read the development of the history you only want to keep turning the pages and discover the outcome of it. The authors are great at keeping the mystery and suspense of the story.

The book it is not just about the development of the investigation, or investigations, it is also an opportunity to learn a little about the rich and vast culture and history of Italy.

At the same time, it is a reflection of the freedom of the press, and the challenges journalist face when they go against the official investigations.

It is hard to think, that after all the terrible things that happened, the case remains, so far, unsolved.

I never thought I would like this book this much. I´m seriously considering reading more books of Douglas Preston.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monster of Florence.

March 2, 2020 – Started Reading