Lois's Reviews > I Ain't Got Time to Bleed: Reworking the Body Politic from the Bottom up

I Ain't Got Time to Bleed by Jesse Ventura

Sep 05, 2008

Recommended for: wrestling fans,political buffs,Predator fans

The title of Jesse Ventura's memoir is taken from his famous line he delivered in the movie Predator. It is a great mantra for a former Navy SEAL, pro-wrestler, and man-of-the-people elected official. Once you get through the first chapter that explains Ventura's views on the issues of the day, the rest is an absorbing, humorous, truthful, and motivating memoir of a true tough guy who can put his money where his mouth is.

Jesse tells all in this memoir. When he was a young man, he worked hard, and played hard. Drinking and sex are included here. My eyebrows went up a few times. It is clear he is not covering anything up in order to look squeaky clean.

Anyone who reads this book will wish there were a million more Jesses holding political office, instead of the Democrat/Republican factory of career politicians who are addicted to power. I never seriously considered the validity or need for a third political party until I read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Ain't Got Time to Bleed.