Chesca (thecrownedpages)'s Reviews > War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers

War and Peas by Jonathan Kunz

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels-and-manga, arcs-and-complimentary-copies

An ARC was provided by Andrews McMeel Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for a review.

Whether you’re single, in a relationship, pining over someone, or just feeling dead inside, Jonathan Kunz and Elizabeth Pich’s War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers is the romantic humor for people who find reasons to laugh in the dark.

Maybe you’ll find yourself in the witch or the vampire she’s dating. Maybe you’ll relate to a robot’s unrequited love for its creator. Maybe you’re just a ghost looking for a purpose and a group to hang out with. Or maybe you’re Death itself, making the most of the afterlife. Presented through fantastical characters of the living and the dead, this comic book will surely melt your heart into giggles.

My favorite stories in this whole comic are those about Bob and Bob. They’re so adorable and the twists in their scenes are so swoon-worthy!

I’m giving this a star less because some of the panels in the first few pages were a bit bland. But things only got better as I went through the pages.

I recommend this fun read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War and Peas.

January 26, 2020 – Started Reading