Teresa Garcia's Reviews > With Darkness Comes Trouble

With Darkness Comes Trouble by Oscar Wager II

bookshelves: adventure, angels, paranormal, thriller
Read 2 times. Last read 2020.

I was able to read this as a beta reader, and was delighted to have the opportunity to read the whole book after reading a sample. I am very happy to see it has finally been released to the public.

It was a good story. I really appreciated the interweaving of the similarities of the various religions touched on so that it wasn't overshadowed too much by one or the other. While reading I was not sure if it was meant for "Elvis Datan" or Zu to be such a caricature at times of himself or not. It was very in keeping with Ichtomi and how he tends to bring about his own downfall in stories though. I do love a comedic villian.

Elvis Datan needs anger management classes, badly. I'd feel sorry for the instructor though giving them.

There were times it was a little hard for me to connect to the story. I'm not sure if it was because of pacing since it read more like a paranormal thriller to me, or my own exhaustion at the time of the reading. Angela was also a character that I was intrigued by. It would definitely be interesting to read a story set after or before so see what other Angelic relations are encountered by the whole family line.

I also was very glad that it was a miner that was the father of the main character, and to see a deaf person as a main character. Those are not tales that I find often.

It is a good read when feeling down but in the strange mindset of needing something both heavy but light.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read With Darkness Comes Trouble.

Finished Reading