Karen's Reviews > 21 Rituals to Connect with Nature

21 Rituals to Connect with Nature by Theresa Cheung

190448

I pick a word of the year each year and my word for 2020 is "wild." My goal is to connect more with nature and to spend more time outdoors. So when I saw this book, I knew I was going to have to read it.

I knew nothing about the author and didn't read much of the blurb either, so I had no prejudices going in. This book has 3 sections of 7 rituals each. Each ritual has the science behind it, an anecdotal story, and then the "what to do" as well as some thoughts to journal. All of them are relatively basic and simple but powerful exercises. If you go into this book thinking it will be new, complicated or unusual ideas, you will get disappointed.

Most of the ideas are things that involve your senses or intentionally being aware of the nature around you. Trees, birds, water, sun, etc. They might seem simple, but for me, they were the exact reminder I needed that there are really small things I can do each day that have profound effects in my life. I loved almost all the ideas in here.

Most of the ideas in the book are very tangible but there are a small handful of ideas that may or may not resonate with you depending on how you feel about psychic energy. Those didn't fully resonate with me but it didn't deter from the power of the overall book, for me.

I cannot wait to do these rituals again and again.

with gratitude to netgalley and Watkins Publishing for an early copy in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 21 Rituals to Connect with Nature.

March 1, 2020 – Started Reading