Karen's Reviews > Expressive Sketchbooks: Developing Creative Skills, Courage, and Confidence

Expressive Sketchbooks by Helen   Wells

190448

If you're a beginner Sketchbooker or are interested in beginning, I think you will really enjoy this delightful book. It has a great collection of the author's sketchbooks and some really simple ideas to help get you started. And it also has elegant, beautiful, and more sophisticated ideas too. There's a great mix of ideas with pencil, watercolor, and collage.

This book also talks about the emotional experience of creating, of doubting yourself, of getting stuck and learning to make peace with your art and looking at it as practice and learning. I really enjoyed the author's kind voice and soft guidance throughout. She was both relatable and knowledgeable.

A great encouragement and idea-filled book for sketchers.

with gratitude to netgalley and Quarto Publishing Group for an early copy in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Expressive Sketchbooks.

February 29, 2020 – Started Reading
February 29, 2020 – Shelved
March 1, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Helen (new) - added it

Helen Wells Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to read Expressive Sketchbooks and for sharing your kind thoughts on it. I’m very grateful.

Karen Helen wrote: "Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to read Expressive Sketchbooks and for sharing your kind thoughts on it. I’m very grateful."

My pleasure, thank you for your beautiful book :)