Jacqueline's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by Keith R.A. DeCandido

F 50x66
Apr 29, 2012

liked it

I love Supernatural with all of my being and every little fiber of my heart, so naturally, I ran to this book with open arms. And all in all, it wasn't terrible. But it's really the little things that got at me.

The biggest issue I had: Sammich is not and will never be acceptable.

But it was pretty good, I mean it was basically like reading iffy fanfiction. Let's be real; I read Redemption Road so I've got some pretty high standards. This was alright though. Enjoyable, just not up there. The moments between Sam and Dean were awkward and forced, and way too much joking about songs and all that kind of stuff. We got it.

Another problem was not all readers of this book are from the Bronx. So using every single street's name and avenue and lane and address and direction was not helping me picture it; it was a tad annoying. It was kinda hard to read through. I don't live there, and even if I did, I still wouldn't know where the heck they were at.

I'm still reading though. I hear Heart of the Dragon makes up for this, so three more books to go. Read on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.

April 29, 2012 – Shelved
May 8, 2012 –
page 170
54.49% "I'm not really sure how I feel but I'll say this: SAMMICH IS NOT OKAY. NEVER AGAIN."
May 9, 2012 –
page 220
70.51% "So far no more Sammich. It's not bad. I like."
Started Reading
May 10, 2012 –
page 290
92.95% "Alright I like it."
May 10, 2012 – Finished Reading

Nikki Haha yeah Sammich threw me! I completely agree that never again should that be used! :)

Jacqueline Nikki wrote: "Haha yeah Sammich threw me! I completely agree that never again should that be used! :)"
Yeah Sammich is a no-no! I just wonder why they put that in the book like why

Vanessa I'm familiar with Bronx , NY and Edgar Allan Poe's writing style and I still though it was a clumsily put together story . The TV show is where my heart is and not the books .