Kristi Lamont's Reviews > Widow's Walk

Widow's Walk by Wendy Webb

it was ok

Y'ALL. THIS IS NOT A BOOK BY THE AUTHOR I CONSIDER THE "REAL" WENDY WEBB. (Who has written Daughters of the Lake, The Fate of Mercy Alban, etc.)

I heard from her confirming this, and her publisher is looking into things.

Here is an edited version of the first review I posted.

Was unfortunately quite disappointed with the way things went.

Overall, it was as if the "darkness" (of varying sorts) was very forced, unlike how the supernatural seemed appropriate and intrinsic to [Webb's] other works that I have read. A couple of the main characters seemed not only unbelievable but also unnecessary, one subplot was never really fully developed/explained, and, oh dear, there were various grammatical errors throughout.

Also? Cut it out with the "tabby foundation" repetition. Yeah, yeah, I looked it up, oyster shells ground into lime and then some shells mixed in. Tiresome.

I should've known "Real Wendy" wouldn't disappoint us like that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Widow's Walk.

Started Reading
February 26, 2020 – Shelved
February 26, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Nancy Goldburg I don’t think this is the same Wendy Webb as Daighters of the Lake, etc. If you look on Goodreads this author has hardly any followers and no other books attributed to her. Plus it looks like that Wendy Webb has something coming out in October. This book doesn’t even look like it was professionally published.

Kristi Lamont Thank you for saying something, Nancy. I am frequently guilty of not boring down in about details.

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Webb Hi! I'm sorry I haven't been on Goodreads lately but Nancy is right. This isn't me. My publisher is looking into it but please know that I am not the author of this book.

Kristi Lamont Thanks for confirming what Nancy said, “Real Wendy.” I am delighted it wasn’t you and very much look forward to your next book. If you will, please acknowledge that you’ve seen this comment, and I will delete my rating/reaction. Unless leaving it up would somehow help your publisher’s efforts.

Nancy Goldburg I would edit the review to say this is not the realm Wendy Webb’s book so that people are aware.

Kristi Lamont Well, duh, of course, Nancy! Once again I’m not thinking things through.....can I use a bad sinus headache as my excuse?

Kristi Lamont Nancy wrote: "I would edit the review to say this is not the realm Wendy Webb’s book so that people are aware."

And, done, Nancy!