D.K. Hundt's Reviews > The Turing Revolt: The War Against Infinity

The Turing Revolt by Rob  Bartlett

liked it

‘I’m a humble, [itinerant] Starship Captain who got blackmailed into helping the Sentient Ships rebel against the Empire [...] Now I’ve got the Empire, the Lotus Eaters Society and the Khan of a planet of intelligent dinosaurs all gunning for me […] And I might be on a mission from God.’

I would say for the most part I enjoyed reading THE TURING REVOLT, however, there's a lot going on in this book, and I was a bit disappointed with the number of loose ends by the time we get to the conclusion, which makes the book feel incomplete rather than an enticing prelude to a sequel.

I like how the narrator breaks the fourth wall with intermittent commentary that are at times quite comical (‘Heh!’) giving some scenes in the book a lighthearted tone, which dilutes the tension, and I’m not sure if that’s what the author is going for.

Thank you, Publicist James Martin and author Rob Bartlett for providing me with an eBook of the Science Fiction/Supernatural novel, THE TURING REVOLT, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Turing Revolt.

November 12, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
November 12, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 12, 2019 – Shelved as: up-next (Kindle Edition)
February 25, 2020 – Shelved