Wulfwyn 's Reviews > The Circus of Mystic Springs

The Circus of Mystic Springs by Mona Marple

bookshelves: cozy-mystery, favorites, owned, paranormal, series, arc

I love the Mystic Springs series. I’m so excited about this book! Circus of Mystic Springs was so much fun to read. I love the circus though I’m really scared of clowns. Haha. The rest of the circus, though, I adore. The fortune teller is one of my favorite people at one. I was a carny, (carnival worker), in my youth so I totally understood the travel and the motor homes. The author really captured that experience. I loved the mystery as I was kept guessing all the way! I had a delightful time reading it and read it in one night.
Mystic Springs is a paranormal cozy mystery series. This is the sixth book. All of the books have been fun to read. I really love the characters in them. The mysteries are complete in each book. You can read this as a stand alone. I encourage you though to try the whole series. I think you will understand Violet, Ellie, Sheriff Taylor better if you do. The series is entertaining and you will get a real sense of the community of Mystic Springs.
Full disclosure, I’m in this book. I won a character in a book contest. I had no idea what the author was going to do with me. I sent her a couple of paragraphs about Zoey, my shih tzu, and myself. I’ve written my review from my feelings while reading and tried to stay objective with it. I want to be honest so I am adding this. I really had a good time reading the book. I hope you will, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Circus of Mystic Springs.

February 25, 2020 – Started Reading
February 25, 2020 – Shelved
February 25, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Becky (new) - added it

Becky Is it best to read it order?

Wulfwyn Becky wrote: "Is it best to read it order?"

If you are interested in the whole series, (or you like knowing the background things like relationships, romantic and friendships), then I would tell you definitely read in order.
If you just want to see what the series is about you are fine with reading this out of order. The mystery is complete. While you wouldn’t have all the relationship information the author does keep you informed of who are good friends, who are married, who are family, etc.