Trinity Rose's Reviews > Stardust

Stardust by Carla Stewart

Apr 28, 2012

Read from April 28 to May 16, 2012

Stardust is a really sweet story that is full of faith, forgiveness and love. Stardust is a motel that has cozy cottages and they bring back fond memories for Georgia (love the name). She is willed the motel when someone in her family that she loves dies. Georgia wants to start fresh after losing her husband who was unfaithful to her and also to provide for her two daughters.
She gets many offers of help to repair the old place and it comes alive again. This story is just rich with characters, beautiful scenery and delightful places to find.
This is my first book by Carla Stewart and I really enjoyed it. She is a brilliant story teller.
In Stardust one adventure after another happened until I was glued to my seat to see how everything could/would turn out. Was there any way possible that Georgia could ever be happy again? Could she forget being abandoned time and time again? Why does everyone leave her?
I loved how her character changed through the story. How she grew as a person and took on responsibility, but then turned everything over to God.
I was very intrigued and you will also to find out how things will work out when Georgia’s guests are first her mother-in-law who likes to drink too much; her dead husband's mistress; a good-looking, but broke drifter who's tired of always traveling and a older Vaudeville entertainer.
How very interesting Stardust is and you will enjoy how everything turns out and lots of it is quite surprising. I recommend this book for your reading pleasure and know you will love it.

I received my free copy from Sarah Reck at Faith Words/HachetteBookGroup, for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stardust.

05/07/2012 page 318