Teresa's Reviews > Willow Pond

Apr 28, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read from April 28 to 29, 2012

This is the story of an infant kidnapped from his estranged parents. His father is a famous movie star and his mother a fledgling author. The plot revolves around who took him, where he is being held from one day to the next, and how they can get him back.

Totally unbelievable...within a few short weeks of this crime Mom is going out on a date with a reporter working the story. Really? There is none of the total and absolute panic that a parent would feel if their infant had been taken and if it was unknown whether that child was even still alive.

There were sections of this book that felt like obvious fillers - as if the author wrote the book and the publisher said this needs to be 50,000 words longer - okay then, we'll throw in a marriage and pregnancy for one of the characters, talk about if for fifty pages and then never mention it again.

The reader is left hanging at the end of the book with many questions unaddressed and unanswered.

This book was very disappointing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Willow Pond.

message 1: by Maryellen (new)

Maryellen Will not be making it to my TBR list my friend. Hopefully this author will write something that brings her star rating up a bit higher!

message 2: by Audra (last edited Jul 28, 2012 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Audra I couldn't agree more with you assessment! The whole thing is disjointed and rambling and filler and just ew!