Arlina's Reviews > Why Men Marry Bitches: A Woman's Guide to Winning Her Man's Heart

Why Men Marry Bitches by Sherry Argov

Apr 28, 2012

liked it
Read in April, 2012

I am in no way planning to marry any time soon. Just the thought of having to utter the word ‘husband’ to anyone before my 28th year of life makes me cringe uncomfortably in my seat. So why would I be reading this book I hear you think.

In a melodramatic mood swing that occurred right after a tantrum with my dear significant other I saw this book lying on the bottom shelf of a bookcase, its bright pink “BITCHES” on the cover was glaring up to me. Even though I was aware of the fact that it resided in the bookcase that was home to the ‘rejected’ books in my mother’s house (along with ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ , ughh...), I decided to plunge in, figuring my poor ole’ heavy heart could use some mindless female blabbing about marriage and men.

This book pleasantly surprised me. It made me smile quite a couple of times and comes with some points that actually made me rethink my own behaviour relationship wise. Don’t expect anything life-changing, because it reminded me of a cosmopolitan-article-turned-book quite often. An informative article I must admit though.

The author basically explains women that making obvious that you want marriage in a short time frame will actually freak men out, yes, a woman should always stay in control of herself and be (or more often fake to be) independent and untouched if a man does not seem to pop the question any time soon. THAT is what will attract them by the dozen, according to Sherry Argov.

I gave it three stars because it entertained me and it pointed out to me how unbelievable annoying us women can be, as well as how much damage we unknowingly cause in a relationship (I am not excusing men, but this book is about women’s behavior). Plus some suggestions to handle frustrating situations calmly. If you are absolutely not interested in this subject or looking for some intellectually stimulating read, don’t even bother. Women whose biological clocks are ticking and have no idea why their future hubby has not arrived yet in shining armor, why don’t you give it a try?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Marry Bitches.