Cyndi Becker's Reviews > The Grace Kelly Dress

The Grace Kelly Dress by Brenda Janowitz

I found this story to be very enjoyable and a delight to read. The story explores the relationships between three generations of women and their relationship with a dress created in Paris as an ode to the unforgettable wedding gown worn by Grace Kelly.

The story begins with and focuses on, Rocky, daughter of Joanie and granddaughter of Rose. We see them as they experience and reason through their romantic entanglements, and their paths to wedded bliss. With each woman, we follow along as they re-design the dress for use in their wedding and quickly see how the generations don't necessarily attach sentiment of the dress, or share the affinity for tradition.

Janowitz does an exemplary job creating her characters and develops each woman's story unique to the time period and place. I love how the plot floats between the three, keeping the book interesting and fun to read. I found myself guessing both correctly and incorrectly what path they would follow. And I loved how the dress really did belong to each woman, without expectation for keeping it exactly as designed. It really was about how the dress design was inspired by a love for fashion and "grace". 4 Stars and recommendation!

*I received a copy in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grace Kelly Dress.

February 23, 2020 – Started Reading