Ruthie Taylor's Reviews > The Two-Date Rule

The Two-Date Rule by Tawna Fenske

Read 2 times. Last read February 22, 2020.

~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the first book in a new series, and I will definitely be looking out for future installments. I really enjoyed how the world building was done as the story progressed, so that we learned what we needed to know at the same rate as the protagonists. The life of a smokejumper is not an easy one, but Grady certainly does not consider himself a hero. After you've read about how many ways they have to eat spam whilst on a mission, you may think that itself heroic! I loved the wider group of friends, both of Grady's and Willa's. It is fun getting to know them, and there is a lot of great humour, as well as some very moving moments.

Willa, we discover, is constantly working, building her business, giving her website clients the very best service, because she fears poverty. She has therefore developed a 2 date rule, so that a relationship cannot derail her priorities. As we learn why, it is both understandable and sad. But she does not consider herself a victim, but someone who is very risk averse. So Grady really is the complete opposite to her ... in many, many ways. However, the chemistry between them is explosive, and somehow they find a way to break her rules.

I most definitely recommend this excellent read to you - it is sexy, funny, and very romantic. I do hope that book 2 is out soon!

Wicked Reads Review Team
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two-Date Rule.

Finished Reading