Angela Bycroft's Reviews > Trauma Plan

Trauma Plan by Candace Calvert

Apr 27, 2012

Read from April 27 to 28, 2012

The evidence of a good book is generally in how quickly one feels compelled to read it. The quicker the better - even though it is bitter sweet to reach the end, you still can't wait to get there.

This is the second title and a start of a new series, that I have read of Candace Calvert's novels. Reinventing the adrenaline and action of ER and other dramatic hospital dramas, Trauma Plan had plenty of gritty action to keep the pulse pounding and just enough mystery to keep avid page turning a must.

Hospital ER Chaplain (and registered nurse) Riley Hale is desperately trying to regain her position as a fully able ER nurse after suffering a horrific attack that left her severely injured and jeopodise her ability to do her job. Enter ER doc Jackson Travis - who is single-handedly directing a small clinic to serve the poor and homeless of the area, much to the opposition of the swanky residence who would rather then clinic be anywhere but there back door.

The two initially clash but both need the other - Jack, to have the Hale name (Rily's family have influence) on his clinic and Riley to regain her confidence and have a endorcement that she can return to the job she loves.

Along with the two leads, we meet a wonderful group of supporting characters who flesh out the world of this Texan town. From Bandy, the crusty old rodeo man with his little dog with his wheeled cart he pulls behind him, to Kate - Riley's coworker who no doubt will appear in further titles (I hope).

The story, while having a typlical romantic pattern also through up enough mystery and questions - especially around Jack and his secret past that I personally didn't see the revelation coming. The ending also has a few shocking moments befitting a medical romantic drama.

Highly recommended for anyone who loves their medical fiction with a high dose of romance and a fantastic message that shine through the whole thing. I can't wait for the next title.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trauma Plan.

04/28/2012 page 171
42.86% "Quietly falling for Dr. Jack right along with Riley!!"
09/03/2016 marked as: read