Nara's Reviews > The House of Hades

The House of Hades by Rick Riordan

Apr 27, 2012

bookshelves: owned-physical, incredible, favorites, fantasy, swoony-boy, panacea-candidate

So far this year, I have read 326 books. Three. Hundred. And Twenty. Six.
Now why is this relevant, you may ask? Is it just to show off how many books I've read this year? Maybe...*shifty eyes*. But more specifically, I say this to really be able to put it into context when I tell you that The House of Hades is literally THE BEST book I have read this year (so far. The Fiery Heart hasn't been released yet, so we'll see...). Out of all those 300+ books I've read this year, this magnificent creation comes out on top.

The House of Hades is...how might I put this....shall we say....FABULOUS. FANTASTICAL. FLAWLESS. (Why do they all start with F? No idea lol) Seriously, any complimentary adjective can be used to describe this absolute masterpiece of a book.

If you have not yet had the pleasure of reading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and the subsequent Heroes of Olympus series, seriously mate, YOU ARE MISSING OUT. You're depriving yourself of one of the most incredible, most hilarious, most downright astounding set of books of all time.

I just love all of the characters. ALL OF DEM. (I mean, the ones we're supposed to like. Obviously I don't like Tartarus or Gaia etc). But of course, everyone has their favourites and mine is most definitely Percy. PERCY I LOVE YOU. He's just so funny and nice and brave and loyal and EVERYTHING. Plus he has green eyes. DEM GREEN EYES <3 And seriously, I think the couple I ship above all others from ANY book is Percy x Annabeth. Percabeth is just so cute- and just how they supported each other through the entire journey in Tartarus ERMAHGERD EXTREME FLAILAGE!

And Nico. Oh, my, gosh. I mean, he wasn't really one of my favourite characters, and he still probably isn't one of my favourites, but MASSIVE CURVEBALL. Just did not expect that to happen. Like, at ALL. If you've read any other reviews of this book, I'm pretty sure most if not all of them would have mentioned this twist. So damn unexpected.

A couple of spoilery things need to be discussed, so I'll hide them under a spoiler tag.

(view spoiler)

Right now, my Current Ship Ranking:
1. PERCABETH
2. Leo x someone (not saying because spoilers)
3. Tyson x Ella (even though we haven't seen that much of these guys, I love Tyson :3
4. Frank x Hazel
5. Jason x Piper
6. EVERY OTHER FREAKING RELATIONSHIP IN THIS BOOK BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL PERFECT

I don't want to say much else about this book, because this statistic should speak for itself:
Goodreads rating: 4.73 out of 5.00
FOUR POINT SEVEN THREE

p.s. after writing this review, I really feel like rereading this book. So I totes am. This is literally three days after finishing it for the first time. CLEARLY IT IS A GOOD BOOK PEOPLE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House of Hades.

April 27, 2012 – Shelved
October 8, 2013 – Started Reading
October 8, 2013 – Shelved as: owned-physical
October 8, 2013 –
page 292
50.0% "Holy crap, Nico! Did not expect that :("
October 8, 2013 –
page 396
67.81% "OMG A NEW SHIPPING COUPLE HAS EMERGED. YESSSSSSSSS LEO!!"
October 8, 2013 – Shelved as: incredible
October 8, 2013 – Shelved as: fantasy
October 8, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites
October 8, 2013 – Finished Reading
October 13, 2013 – Shelved as: swoony-boy
January 19, 2014 – Shelved as: panacea-candidate

Melanie OMG *hi five* ITS AMAZINGGGGG SOOOOO FARRRRRR I WAS LIKE SPAZZING ON MY TT POST ON THE BLOG AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECOVERED.

Nara I have just put my book down shock. I need a break to take it all in OMG. Nico!!

Nara Dude can't even grammar anymore... *in shock